March 1, 2008

Yesterday Taylor and I did a little art project, I set out some "paint”, a brush, & newspaper of course and let her have at it. John thought her finished product looked a bit like a sunset… so it's called "Sunset over the Hills" (see the red/yellow sunset, the green hills, and the blue river… I know, we have quite an imagination over here.) She had a lot of fun, and of course, a bath was in order once we were finished.

ATTENTION Concerned Parents: That's not actual paint that she is eating, it’s vanilla pudding with food coloring, it dries quite nicely making a perfect fridge decoration. :)

On a side note... I can tell that we will be the proud parents of a terrible two in a year, she is already showing signs of "wanting it NOW" & "doing it MY way" etc… For instance, when I lay her down to be changed, she screams bloody murder, arches her back and tries to flip over. Once I get stern and tell her no, she sits still but continues to cry. This goes for any time she doesn’t get her way. Any other parents have some advice or comforting words??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taylor did a wonderful master piese! From Madison

Anonymous said...

Well,,,, Welcome to the Toddler years. Christopher is doing somethings similar. He wants something but he screams. Just have to be firm and constant.

Love, Nikki

Mary Lou said...

Dacia Grace did not like to have her diaper changed and would act much the same way......Try giving her a mirror...a compact mirror to look at ONLY while you change her. I don't remember what exactly that I gave to DG but I do know that this worked quite well. When the one thing stopped working I would use something else.

Mathia Family said...

Thanks for the advice, I'll try a mirror and also being more firm! :)

Anonymous said...

I just have to laugh! Christopher does the same with Nikki but when I change him (I am right handed) so there is a shadow over him because of the light, so I just make the shadow there and then not there and he is so distracted. I don't have a problem.
I still have to laugh.
What a beautiful drawing. Frame it.
Love Nana M.