February 6, 2008

Pizza after pizza, John finally said that the crust has now been perfected. I started out with a great easy recipe that my Mom gave me, (from a Yeast package) -- she usually tries to tweak it a bit to make it "heart healthier" by adding whole wheat flour ect... (She makes homemade pizza just about once a week, she is amazing) Mine didn't turn out at all, so I tried again, this time changing different aspects of it, still no luck... finally after altering and substituting for 11+ pizzas, we figured it out... I just followed the recipe exactly and it was perfect, but... not healthy. If anyone would like this super easy crust recipe, just email me. :)

This particular photo is the last one I made, inspiration from Sara Shearer's homemade pizza - Chicken pesto with roasted garlic, onions, spinach, kalamata olives, etc.. so yummy, thanks for the idea Sara!

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

That looks great, can I have the recipe?

Mathia Family said...

Sure! I'll make a copy of it for you. :) Thanks so much for the birthday gift for Tay too, that is SO cute. I wrapped it back up so I can put it with her gifts on her actual birthday, I was just curious. ;) You are so sweet!

Christy said...

Your pizza looks amazing! I'm still perfecting my pizza recipe too. I make a pizza with basil pesto, oven roasted tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella that Bryan loves. I'm testing many different toping combinations so if you find any good ones please pass them along.

Anonymous said...

That pizza looks so yummy...Trevor is always a fan of Pizza.

Mathia Family said...

Wow Christy, that sounds amazing, I'm totally trying that one next. I make a sandwich like that for John sometimes on a grilled panini, but it sounds like it would be so yummy on a pizza!