March 13, 2008

We went over to my parents house on Sunday to help them get ready to move and have some yummy spicy sausage chili. Taylor had a blast in their red wagon and being chased by Kona. My parents also have a Lama next door, she thought they were pretty interesting.

Here are a couple photos of the guys working.. they built two planter stands for the back porch and replaces about 5 windows!

This is just a portion of my parents amazing backyard. In 2005 John and my Dad built this pergola from scratch! I'm totally amazed at how beautiful it turned out and how talented they are! We had our wedding here and it was absolutely perfect! We could not have had it at a more romantic location. My Mom planted almost 800 flowers that year for the big day and John planted a 15 plant rose garden here for me for our wedding... aw. :) It was stunning!

9 comments:

Strauss House said...

Wow, what a beautiful place to get married! Taylor looks so cute in her hat.

Psalm 139:1-18 said...

How beautiful and romantic! So sad that they are moving:o(... Taylor looks so happy and content:o). What a cutie!

Eischens said...

It is beautiful. I would love to see some wedding pics sometime! Where do your parents live...its amazing! Why are they moving :)

Sara Shearer said...

I still think about your wedding. It was truly beautiful! The pergola was amazing. The grove of trees and beautiful yard was a perfect setting for your wedding. I was honored to witness your special day! I'm sure it will be hard to let go of that wonderful home.

Stacey said...

What a beautiful place! So sad they're moving!!

The Boehme (pronounced Bay-me) family said...

Aww...Taylor looks like such a little lady in that floppy hat.

What a sentimental place for you! I hope you got to spend some special quality time there before your parents move.

Anonymous said...

Your mom's house is so beautiful. What a fun place to get married.

Abby said...

HI-
I found your blog from the Athey Blog ring...I used to go to Athey. Anyway I was wondering how you do the pictures in the frame collages? They look really good- all your photos do!!
Abby Hoefer

Abbyrhoefer@yahoo.com

Dani @ Weddings Fresh said...

yeah, i second that, mindy! a fantastic place to get married :)