April 13, 2008

Game Advice?

John and I need a fun stradegy type game to play that is fun with two players besides Cribbage. Since we don't have TV and good rental movies are few and far between, we like to play cribbage & sudoku, but after 3 years of that weekly, it's time for a change!! Please post your favorite two player game so we can get something new! :)

As a side note, we played Ian & Mindy's new game: Espyonage and it was totally awesome! We can't wait to buy a set! Check it out!

15 comments:

Matt and Brianne said...

sometimes we play backgammon, monopoly, rumikub, sequence, or just plain card games- it is harder with just two :)

BETHANY said...

A few we like ...

Set
Phase 10
Sequence (just learned this at Becky & Brandon's on Friday)
Yahtzee
Quiddler
Racko

Anonymous said...

Looks like a few people have already suggested Sequence. We just played this for the 1st time last night with some friends. Lots of fun!!!! Hey we will get it and the next time you guys are up we can play it instead of watch TV. :)
Love Mom M

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else, sequence is fun! Bryan and I recently played a game called mastermind and it was totally fun.

Anonymous said...

Well, We play Skipo, its a card game and alot of fun. Even if its just the two of you.
Love, Nikki

Rachelle said...

Sequence (you can borrow ours if you want to try it)
Rummikub (my favorite)

Strauss House said...

Mr. Jack
Carcassonne
Ticket to Ride
Arkadia
Alhambra
Caylus
Louis XIV

We've got more if you need 'em! :o)
Also, if you want to borrow any just let us know?

Anonymous said...

We play cribbage too! Not many people I know, know how to play it! My Grandpa taught me originally. It is big in my Norweign family! :) Skip Bo is fun.

Mathia Family said...

Thanks for all the awesome advice! I will totally be looking for some of these this summer over the G-Sale season! :) How can you beat a game for 50 cents or a buck! hehe.

Yes, Mindy, I'd love to borrow a game or two.. maybe your one of your favorites from the bunch, that way I'll be able to decide if we should buy it! Thanks!

Mary Lou said...

As already suggested....

Sequence

But also

Boggle
Scrabble

All that I can think of now.

Jessica Rae said...

Um, okay it's not a game. But it's a good movie to rent. I know how frustraing it is when there's only trashy movies to choose from so I'm telling people to rent this. It's called "Breach" and it's based on a true story, very intense and shockingly clean!

Stacey said...

One of our new favorites is Settlers of Catan, the card game. We love it!

Mary Lou said...

There is also Othello.

Jeremy and Jessica Wolfe said...

Blokus is a fun game. It is a form of tetris, but with this only the corners can touch.

Jeremy and Jessica Wolfe said...

Blokus is a fun game. It is a form of tetris. but on the corners can touch. It is fun with 2 or 4 people.