Friday night last week (I know I'm a little behind with the blogging lately) we had some friends over to make a spaghetti dinner for the guys. But not just any spaghetti dinner, this one was totally from scratch, and I mean totally! Brea made homemade spaghetti noodles and we all took turns cutting it by hand. Sarah made an amazing family recipe sauce with fresh (from her garden) herbs. And I was in charge of the meatballs, we ground the pork ourselves and added fresh herbs and spices. The only problem with this meal was... if you were to do it all yourself it would take about 4+ hours we started making dinner at 6:15 and ate it at about 8:30! Luckily we had the fixins for bruschetta and Sarah brought a cheese tray with crackers to snack on ahead of time, phew! I must say, it was totally worth the wait!!April 22, 2008
Not just any Spaghetti...
Friday night last week (I know I'm a little behind with the blogging lately) we had some friends over to make a spaghetti dinner for the guys. But not just any spaghetti dinner, this one was totally from scratch, and I mean totally! Brea made homemade spaghetti noodles and we all took turns cutting it by hand. Sarah made an amazing family recipe sauce with fresh (from her garden) herbs. And I was in charge of the meatballs, we ground the pork ourselves and added fresh herbs and spices. The only problem with this meal was... if you were to do it all yourself it would take about 4+ hours we started making dinner at 6:15 and ate it at about 8:30! Luckily we had the fixins for bruschetta and Sarah brought a cheese tray with crackers to snack on ahead of time, phew! I must say, it was totally worth the wait!!
By
Mathia Family
@
4:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
This looks so yummy! Not to mention all the fun you had making it with the others!
That looks GREAT! What a fun thing to do...and in your waiting time its a good time to get some playing in! I LOVE the pics at the Tulip farm!
ooooh delicious!
I'm so impressed! Fresh pasta is so much better than dry pasta, so it is worth all the extra work!
I absolutely Love Italin food. yummy
(sorry for the deleted comment, my spelling is horrible!!)
What fun!! That's a lot of hard work. I used to help my mom make all our own pasta as a kid (and grind wheat for bread... etc... - they were extreme in the healthy hippie lifestyle!)
Wow, 2 days in a row! He He :):)
Looks like a great time! I'll get something posted today, I promise!
Post a Comment